Welcome to FutureLab Europe Online Application!
Update 17 March 2015:
The application deadline for the 2015 programme has passed. Thanks to everyone for your interest and many thanks to those who have applied. Now evaluation is underway. Applicants will be informed about their participation by the end of April 2015.
You are about to apply for the programme of FutureLab Europe. Please take a moment to read through these explanatory remarks.
Who can apply
If you are interested in applying for membership in FutureLab Europe, you should fulfil the following requirements:
- Minimum age 20, maximum age 30
- Current or past involvement in programmes run by one of the foundations that are members of the European Alliance for Democratic Citizenship (i.e. alumni affiliation with one of the foundations)
- Excellent knowledge of English both orally and in writing
- Good academic qualification; applicants with a solely professional background might also be considered if they meet the other requirements
- Pronounced interest in the history, development and implementation of the European idea
- Demonstrated high level of civic engagement
- Ability and desire to discuss actively European issues on stage with high-ranking decision makers at public events and in front of a wider audience
- Ability to develop and defend one's own thoughts and positions
- Ability and desire to work in international and interdisciplinary groups
- Initiative and strong performance commitment
- Study and/or work experience abroad
- Commitment to contribute actively to activities organised under the FutureLab banner, including national and online debates
How to apply
1. Registration / Login
First of all, please take a minute to register. Upon successful registration, you will be directly forwarded to the application form. You can enter this form as many times as you wish – simply by logging in with your registered email address and password.
Please submit your application by completing the online application form in English language. Please note: The application deadline is
2 March 2015, midnight .
You will also be requested to upload the following documents:
- Detailed CV in English (PDF, DOC or RTF file, max. 1 MB)
- Photo (JPG, PNG and GIF file, max. 1 MB)
- A short blogpost (max. 2,000 words, PDF, DOC or RTF file, max. 1 MB). Your blogpost should answer only one of the following three questions. Please pick one of these topics:
- Democratic Values:
What should the EU and its member states do to ensure active democracies in Europe?
- Equal Opportunities:
How can the EU and its member states create a future-oriented labour market offering quality jobs for all young citizens?
- European Identity:
What needs to be done to fight against nationalism and xenophobia and to prevent them from threatening European integration?
- Democratic Values:
We ask you to enter the information and upload your files all in one session. Please be aware that once you have submitted your data, you will not be able to modify your application anymore. However, by logging in you will still be able to have a look at your submitted information. To keep your answers confidential, please close your browser once you have submitted the application.